Monday, March 22, 2010

Time To Make Some Choices

I have been soul searching for a while now. I have gone through countless other life changing situations.I made it through so, I will not harp on it. I have decided that I am not going to leave my destiny in anyone elses hands.I have been applying for jobs for 8 years come June 2010. I resigned from teaching then it was all down hill.
I have tried phone service, Herbal Life, Satellite TV online and off line. I took a grant writing course, real estate course. I have applied for mentoring jobs ,substitute teaching jobs, teaching assistant jobs and on and on and on. I don't know whether it is the economy or the you are over qualified syndrome at work. I have to admit some of it was due to the fact you need money to make money. I could not take the real estate exam because I needed money. I thought of sacrificing and doing it anyway. I was afraid to risk it because,Iwasn't sure anyone would hire me after I spent the money. You have to work under an agent for a year before you can become a broker.
I have been to so many job interviews and even second interviews. I would build up the confidence only to be let down. longevity in a position can be as harmful a brevity. This was a new concept for me I just always believe in loyality. Now I don't whether it helps or hurts.In between all of this I decideed I wanted to be on my own. Then I would be afraid to try things then I would be afraid not to try things. It was a vicious cycle. I would go from being confident to feeling rejected.
I have decided I can not be afraid of success. I do on the other hand have to find a middle ground and get a job doing something to support my family, while I contemplate what I am going to do to become prosperous.
I know I can excell at many things I just have to make some major decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment